Thursday, February 12, 2009

New office

Here are a few pictures of the office. This is the second of the two rooms.

Bookcase in the second room. I plan to keep the albums/refills on this. In addition to the quilts I have cut out and are ready to start sewing.
This is the first of the two rooms. Sydnee was doing a great job helping me out yesterday. She will do just about anything related to helping me. She can be mean as a snake one minute and then begging to help the next.
This is looking from the first room into the second one. There is a doorway between them where the closet is off of.

I have been cleaning the new office location all week. I shampooed one room and then started to work on the other room today. The land lord came up to tell me she was considering carpet replacement. YES! That would be great. I don't know that I could really get it very clean. It looks better, but the spots will probably come right back after traffic. I put some things on the book cases. But she asked me to hold off from moving furniture in there until carpet decisions are made. I added shelves to the closet, cleaned the windows, cleaned the baseboards, trims and doors, etc. I am so sore from bringing up several boxes of fabric and pushing so hard with my arms. I had bought two sets of 3 shelf bookcases, but returned them quickly. They were nightmares. The kids and I tried to put them together. As soon as we turned our backs, they literally fell sideways. There wasn't a metal piece in the set. Every screw was plastic. These were the worse ones I have ever seen. I didn't hesitate to take them back. So that meant that I had to carry those heavy boxes back down the stairs. So my butt muscles are killing me.

Hopefully I will find out tomorrow when things will be finished up so I can get the rest of the stuff moved in. Can you tell I'm excited? I plan to start holding crops there March 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment