Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Wooded Glen Scrapbook Retreat

Wooded Glen here we came and went!

Wooded Glen Retreat and Conference Center, Henryville, IN
1) Main lobby area with lg screen TV, sofas, etc.

2) Snack room upstairs w/ 24 hour snacks available


These are photos of the actual retreat where gals are working on their albums. Although this group of photos are from last years retreat. I didn't take updated group photos this time.


I am still trying to recoup from the retreat this past weekend. I had a total of 57 women (50 of them were my customers) who brought everything but their kitchen sink. Scrapbook retreats are fun and a lot of work as well. But they are so worth it. By the time the ladies were done and packing up for home, they were signing up for the next retreats coming up. So that means success!
Deanna and Margie came up to me to let me know they had packed up the inventory room for me and it was ready to take to the car. I was so excited! Because when there aren't many consultants participating, it means more work for fewer people. So I was thrilled to hear them say that. Suanne offered to help me load my car at the end. I was grateful for that too. That brought back memories because when she was the main consultant, I would help her do the same thing. Below is a picture that is so typical of our loading and unloading. It doesn't always go so smoothly. We are talking a mini van (with seats removed) completely full of boxes. That means you can't see out of the mirrors at all, boxes are bungied to keep from falling forward injuring the driver. Every nook and crannie is completely filled with something. You have to be careful opening doors as to not have things on the ground. I told Suanne I had to take a picture so everyone could see who actually did it. When the top container started to fall, I was trying to bump it back onto the cart with the container I was holding. Instead when I realized it wasn't going to work, I had to throw my container to keep from getting hurt. Remember it was verrrrry cold. We both just stood there and laughed! Picked it up and on we went.

No comments:

Post a Comment