Monday, January 26, 2009

The Keyhole Quilt

I finished the Keyhole quilt from a class several months ago. But I decided to use this one for the Hopeful Hearts Silent Auction at their fundraiser for Ukraine orphans. We have gone to most of these dinners, since the beginning. They are always on the Saturday closest to Valentines Day. Which of course is also my anniversary. Anyway last year I donated a quilt that I pieced and Mom quilted. It brought in over $200. I thought that was good for a lap quilt.

So this year I have closen the Keyhole quilt. Size is 63x63 in size. I really thought it turned out well. I can just picture it on the wall of a newly adopted Ukrainian girl. I loved the lavendar thread Mom used to quilt it with. It has such a soft look to it. Good choice Mom!

I made out a label for it. It already had the floral design on it, but I wrote the information on it. Using a permanant pen makes it hard, because you know that if you mess up, you get to start over again. But it gives the needed information on it. This quilt took one jelly roll.

This is the quilt I made for last year. I think it was called Cookie Sprinkles. It was fun to make. It was charm packs and a jelly roll. Mom quilted a heart design for "Hopeful Hearts". Cindy Meiners won this one. I was happy for her. She told me she was determined to win it because it matched her living room perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment