Sunday, January 18, 2009

What a fun day I had yesterday. I got up and remembered I needed to go to AF to get my block of the month. Last year I had to pay for all of them because I never seemed to remember to go on the scheduled days. If you go on their specified days, you will get your block for free. They have a short meeting telling you about the club, and of course show new products and lines of fabric. Well 4 hours and $600 later I am finally out of there. But boy do I have some projects to work on. As if I didn't have anything to work on.

They had gotten a new line in that I loved. It had my name written all over it. So they were offering a challenge. First person to get a pieced quilt top in the store using that line will get a $25 certificate. It wasn't the $25 that got me, it was more that I would have a quilt top in the store. So I got to thinking of which top to make. I finally figured it out. But I wanted to make a king size. So that meant altering the pattern and amount of fabric. Audrey was considering it too. Later Audrey came back in and said she is very competitive and was considering it too. So she decided on a baby quilt. Chances are she will get hers done way before me. Mainly because I have to have a fund raiser quilt complete and ready to turn in on Thursday. So mom is about to ring my neck on that one. She is doing the quilting.

But whether I win or not, I will definitely be posting the picture when it's done. I can't wait to finish it. I also got two finishing kits for 2 block of the month quilts. I thought I had better get the fabrics before they go away and I can't find it easily anymore.

I think I have just talked myself into setting up my sewing machine to start working on some things. So I had better get my rear out of this chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment