Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Pictures

I have completed the Tshirt quilt for Anne. It turned out so good. I was very happy because I have heard several horror stories that they move, stretch, etc. But I had not problems at all. It looked nice enough that I can't wait to make more of them. So if you know anyone with a lot of shirts from races, ball, etc, I'd love to make another one. The cost to have one made is about $15 per square. So you can control the cost by knowing the amount of Tshirts you plan to use.

The front of this quilt has tshirts from running races. I debated what color to use for sashing and borders, but I finally decided on a lighter shade of blue. It seems to bring all of the tshirs together.

I put a backing with hot air balloons on it. It reminded me of the mini marathon for derby. Even though these shirts didn't come from one of those races.
Mom did the quilting for me. Great job! It was just an all over meander. I knew the quilt would actually be used, so didn't want to get so fancy with designs.

Below are the Christmas stockings I made for our family. I made the cuff on top a different color on each one so we could tell them apart. I was very happy with how they turned out. They are about 18-20 inches long. They are wide enough that you can put things in them without worrying that it will fit inside.





















No comments:

Post a Comment