Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Just the beginning

I have decided to start a blog for the quilting and scrapbooking that I do. And about the retreats that I set up for people to attend. So if you ever need a little R & R, give me a holler. I hope to show the process on some quilts and also get some photos here of quilts I have already made.

Today I pieced a Tshirt quilt. It wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. I have heard nightmares from people who have made them in the past. But I thought it was pretty easy for me. Actually I liked it better than I thought I would too. So maybe there will be more of them to come.

Something else I like to do is scrapbook. As a matter of fact I am working on a Storybook for a customer who is doing the heritage of her husband. It has been a lot of fun working with her and she is getting so excited about it.

I have made 20 pillow cases in the past couple of weeks too. They are so fun to make. Whenever I shop for fabrics I will feel the fabric to see if it is "pillowcase worthy". There is a smoothness to the feel that tells you whether it is or now.

Going on a retreat this weekend to Pieceful Haven in Crestwood. I plan to sew, sew and did I mention sew?

No comments:

Post a Comment